2.3 to Forms 4.0 Conversion

From: Paul Berger <pberger_at_nic.hookup.net>
Date: 6 May 1994 09:55:30 -0400

Hi I have a few questions that perhaps you people could help with. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I have a client whose is running 5.1B Oracle RDBMS along with Forms 2.3.

Is it possible to run 2.3 Forms screens against a Oracle7 database?

As another issue...is there a preferred method for migrating Forms 2.3 screens to the Forms 4.0 environment with a minimum amount of fuss? I appreciate the increased functionality in Forms 4.0 would not be utilized by a "quick and dirty" migrate but these people are looking to get over to Oracle7 quickly with their installed Forms 2.3 application base. They would then consider either rewriting  their Forms applications to take advantage of the native Forms 4.0 functionality or enhancing their migrated Forms 2.3 applications.

Any comments or observations regarding such are welcome.

PB Received on Fri May 06 1994 - 15:55:30 CEST

Original text of this message