Re: Forms4.0 and Report 2.0 question

From: Glenn Nicholas <Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 May 1994 09:34:39 +0000

In article <2qbcpa$ge2_at_access2.digex.net>

           murali_at_access.digex.net "Murali V Mallipeddi" writes:

:We received forms4.0 and Report Writer 2.0 from oracle. We don't have
:any X-Windows here. We have MS 3.1 Windows and access RS6000(Oracle Machine)
:through lan work place. My question is can i run forms4.0 and report 2.0
:using MS windows or we need to have X stuff to run above products. I
:heard that we can run above products on character based from rs6000.
:Do they work like forms3.0 and Report Writer 1.1 if we run on character
:mode? Thanks in advance .

Yes, you can run under Windows 3.1 against the RS/6000. We have that configuration here. You need the MS Windows version of Forms4 and Reports 2 however, which you install under Windows. You then use SQL*Net to connect to the RS/6000.

As far as finding out about character mode, good luck. I would like to hear of your experiences.

--
Glenn Nicholas.