Parallel Oracle Experiences?

From: Mark Federman <federman_at_hookup.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 00:08:26

My company is considering using Parallel Oracle (Oracle 7?) for a decision support application to be used by business analysts, primarily for ad-hoc queries against medium to large databases. (min size is 1 GB of data, not including indices, etc. and goes up from there)

Does anyone have any experience with Parallel Oracle (ie, does it _really_ work?). If so, how does it perform compared to non-parallel implementations on appropriate server hardware? I would appreciate any recommendations relative to configuration and tips, advice, warnings, "gotchas", etc.

Please e-mail responses, as I do not regularly follow this newsgroup. Thanks in advance to all respondents.

Mark Federman (federman_at_hookup.net) HDS Research Inc.
Toronto, Canada Received on Thu May 05 1994 - 00:08:26 CEST

Original text of this message