PC Based CASE Designer

From: Ray Bradbury <rayb_at_deakin.OZ.AU>
Date: 3 May 1994 07:20:19 GMT

We are currently in the process of setting up hardware for a project which will initially employ heavy use of the Oracle CASE Designer/ Dictionary Software. Our database server will be a Sun/Solaris box, with some of out workstations planned to be PC's running Client->Server to the Unix server.

Is there anybody out there who is currently running in this sort of PC/Unix environment and using the CASE tools that could help us out with the answers to a few questions:

o Is running CASE in this sort of environment feasible in terms of   performance, or are we better to stay with the Sun Workstation   Solaris/Motif environment??

o What speed/memory PC would be required to support CASE Designer,   which pushes our existing Sun Workstations pretty hard (admittedly   they are only 16MB equipped ELC Sparcs)??

o Any other comments people would like to share??

Thanks in advance,

Ray Bradbury
Computing & Communcations Services
Deakin University
Victoria, Australia Received on Tue May 03 1994 - 09:20:19 CEST

Original text of this message