Oracle, SCO & Client lockup

From: Tracy K. McDonald-Vaughan/Caudle <tkmac_at_metronet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 18:48:42 GMT

I am the UNIX administrator at a large tax service. We are running SCO Open Server Enterprise 3.0 with Oracle 7.0.15 and Oracle Financials 9.4.2. Our data entry people are connecting to the SCO server via Novell Lan Workplace for DOS over a token-ring segment. The users are running Oracle's Display Manager under MS-Windows 3.1 as the terminal emulator. There are roughly 14 people doing data entry and their PC's are locking up 5-6 times a day. When I say locking up I mean they get an hour glass icon in MS-Windows with a message "working" in the lower left hand corner of the screen. I have left a test PC in this lock for over two hours just to make sure it wasn't waiting for some kind of response. I have run a serial connection from one PC to the comm port of the SCO server and reconfigured Display Manager for a serial connection and that PC locks up also. Has anyone run into this before? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tracy K. McDonald				Vaughan/Caudle Assc. Inc.
(214)960-6841					14901 Quorum Dr. #100
tkmac_at_metronet.com				Dallas, TX 75240