Re: Newbie forms 3.0 question of the week...

From: Mahesh Vallampati <m0v5533_at_tamsun.tamu.edu>
Date: 29 Apr 1994 15:21:17 -0500

In article <471JLc1w165w_at_vicuna.ocunix.on.ca>, Steve Frampton <frampton_at_vicuna.ocunix.on.ca> wrote:
>Hello:
>Is it possible to determine what the current block and current field you
>are on under a Forms 3.0 application? I would like to assign this value
>to a couple of variables, and then allow the user to jump to other blocks
>and fields as required by the application, and be able to return to the
>last block/field the user was on.
>I don't have documentation besides the woefully inadequate on-line forms
>help index.
>Steve Frampton E-mail: <frampton_at_vicuna.ocunix.on.ca>
The current block and the current field name are stored in system.current_block and system.current_field variables .In fact there are a bunch of Current variables which are quite handy and makes ur life comfortable.there is also system.current_form for storing the current_form name. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards
Mahesh Vallampati
M.S. In EE
Dept.of Electrical Engineering,
Texas A & M University.
Ph:(409)845-6189
\\ In the Beginning there was Codd..... Received on Fri Apr 29 1994 - 22:21:17 CEST

Original text of this message