Re: Oracle tables on optical media?

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 29 Apr 94 13:34:20 +1000

In article <dfd-220494095847_at_sebastian.quantum.epsilon.com>, dfd_at_epsilon.com (Devan F. Dewey) writes:
> We are going to try some tests to see how Oracle read-only tables perform
> and behave on optical media. Jukeboxes to be specific.
>
> Any problems I should be aware of? Does anyone actually have this working
> in a production environment? How much data are you storing on optical?
>
> If you are running Oracle tables on optical, I would really like to share
> your experiences.

We enquired about this and were told that you needed Oracle 7.1 (or better ;) because Oracle 7.0- always updates the timestamp on Tablespaces so they can't be read only.

Interested in hearing what your doing.

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute."
"Killing is wrong!"  -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health            *
* Canberra, ACT, Australia                        (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *