Re: SQL*Plus HELP

From: Christopher Jones <cjones_at_au.oracle.com>
Date: 28 Apr 94 22:22:17 GMT

timo_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE (Timo Salzsieder) writes:
>Hi Youri,
>we have the same problem with the help-utility of sql+ V7 with the only
>change to your problem, that there is no help on some topics, e.g. help create
>table works, but help select doesn't. I have wrote this problem in this news-
>group a few weeks ago and the responses said all, forget the help-system
>of sql+ and look when neccessary in the manuals.

>|Timo Salzsieder internet: timo_at_fh-konstanz.de |
>|Niederburggasse 8 voice: +49 (0)7531 / 2 93 63 |
>|78462 Konstanz, Germany (o o) |

This problem has been discussed in comp.databases.oracle before. I must have missed your earlier article - and the responses. Via email I've established Youri has a truncated sqlhelp.ctl file. It looks like you have the same problem. I suggest you contact your local support organization (if you have a support contract ...) and request a complete copy of sqlhelp.ctl. Quote bug number 177977.

Regards,

Chris

  • _--_|\ Christopher Jones, Oracle Australia / \ cjones_at_au.oracle.com \_.--.*/
  • v