Re: SQL*Plus HELP

From: Timo Salzsieder <timo_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE>
Date: 28 Apr 1994 14:45:32 GMT

Youri Podchosov (ynp_at_phantom.com) wrote:
> What's the hell going on with my HELP in SQL*Plus? It's normally loaded
> (table HELP with index on topics, owned by SYSTEM and SELECT-available to
> PUBLIC), but I can only get any response on HELP on SQL*Plus topics, any
> other request returns 'No HELP available.' It doesn't depend on who I am
> (I mean ORACLE userid).

Hi Youri,

we have the same problem with the help-utility of sql+ V7 with the only change to your problem, that there is no help on some topics, e.g. help create table works, but help select doesn't. I have wrote this problem in this newsgroup  a few weeks ago and the responses said all, forget the help-system of sql+ and look when neccessary in the manuals.

Here in an educational facility that is very difficult, because some courses will use sql+ and therefore the manuals are never available. In addition there are many errors in handling the sql+ help-facility. E.g. if I have set pause on, and interrupt output of some help-text the actual line is redrawn in an endless loop. So the prof's here think over an online hyper-text solution converting the help-texts from the database in an info-browser like xmosaic or something like that. But that's in developement phase.

So sorry, but try to reinstall your help facility and good luck,

Timo.

|Timo Salzsieder    internet: timo_at_fh-konstanz.de            |
|Niederburggasse 8     voice:  +49 (0)7531 / 2 93 63         |
|78462 Konstanz, Germany                          (o o)      |