Re: Gender Coding of Names

From: Bob Allen <boba_at_microware.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 18:54:07 GMT

In article <whittenCoy0CE.60n_at_netcom.com>, whitten_at_netcom.com (David Whitten) writes:
|> Christian Gustafson (gus3_at_ellis.uchicago.edu) wrote:
|> : Can anyone recommend a good software package for coding names by
|> : gender? I am working with giant mailing lists that need to be
|> : gender-coded. For PC/DOS platform.

|> : Much obliged!
|> : cg

|> : --
|> : :::::===== Christian Gustafson: gus3_at_midway.uchicago.edu: Marina City Chicago
|> : :::::===== "Democracy inevitably takes the tone of the lower portions of soc-
|> : ========== iety, and, if there are great diversities, degrades the higher."
|> : ========== - Lord Acton Paleocons unite!!
|>
|> I remember some code in Computer Language maybe two years ago that purported
|> to do this. maybe on ftp.uu.net.
|>
|> Anyone else remember the details?

I remember an article about how to do this with AWK. I thought it was in Sun Expert but it could have been Computer Language. I will check my library at home.

Bob

These thoughts are my own, but you may rent them for a small fee. Received on Thu Apr 28 1994 - 20:54:07 CEST

Original text of this message