Re: Are .frm and .rep platform independent

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
Date: 28 Apr 1994 09:16:04 -0600

Morten Larsen (xenemla_at_psab.posten.se) wrote:

> I don't know about .frm files, but at least .rep files are NOT platform

> 0 string !\007 Oracle SQL*ReportWriter (SunOS 4.1.X)
> 0 string !\016 Oracle SQL*ReportWriter (HP-UX)

> --
> Morten Larsen
> Enea Data AB
> Nytorpsvagen 5B
> S-18323 TABY, SWEDEN
> E-mail: morten_at_enea.se

No, the .frm are NOT platform independant. Oracle provides the .inp in plain ASCII to allow the platform transportability - like the .rex (reportwriter's ASCII file), you may free copy the .inp to the target platform and load/compile there. Of course, once compiled, it is host independant, within the same platform.

/Hans Received on Thu Apr 28 1994 - 17:16:04 CEST

Original text of this message