Re: Calling Forms4 User Exits from a Library?

From: Brett England <bmenglan_at_apanix.apana.org.au>
Date: 28 Apr 1994 06:32:54 GMT

David Owens (daveo_at_wal.hp.com) wrote:
: Dennis Moore (dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: : I believe that the way most people handle this problem (see below) is that
: : they always pass into libraries all the values it will need to do its
: : processing. In fact, this is the only "right" way to use libraries, since
: ... stuff about Name_In functions deleted.

: You obviously misunderstood the reason why I'm asking the question. I
: don't wan't to know how to pass variables into a library. I know that.
: I want to know how to pass these same variables into a user exit and
: back out. If you see the original post, you'll see that there is a
: problem with addressing these library variables in a user exit.

: So, anyone else want to take a crack at this one?

: David Owens ------- ___o Hewlett-Packard
: daveo_at_hpwala.wal.hp.com ------- _\ <,_ Clinical Info Systems
: HP-Desk: David OWENS / HP1700/03 ------- (_)/ (_) 3000 Minuteman Road
: (508) 659-4861 ------- Andover MA USA
: FAX: (508) 686-1258 ------- TN 659-4861

--
 I have a series of function that need to be user exits.  What I do is create
one master UE and supply arguments for the values being passed in.

ie user_exit("bar function=foo grow=yes times=4 mesg='this message'");

I then extract these arguments inside the user exit.
to pass data out you have to use EXEC TOOLS SET :GLOBAL.OUT value (:foo);
or
EXEC TOOLS SET :block_field value (:foo)

where block_field is a VARCHAR type declared variable this of course
would need to be passed in as an argument perhaps
field=foo.bar
might do the trick.

see the forms40/lib/demoexit.pc program that come with your installation!

| Brett England    | Internet: bmenglan_at_apanix.apana.org.au |