Re: Pro*C and C++

From: Donald Munro <ccahdm_at_beluga.upe.ac.za>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 07:34:59 GMT

In article <2pft6n$gfi_at_tibalt.supernet.ab.ca> forbrich_at_tibalt.supernet.ab.ca (Hans Forbrich) writes:
>From: forbrich_at_tibalt.supernet.ab.ca (Hans Forbrich)
>Subject: Re: Pro*C and C++
>Date: 25 Apr 1994 01:58:15 -0600

>Also, ODBC is getting close to being a vendor independant and
>platform independant product (I think Q+E has announced that
>their ODBC is/will be available on UNIX, etc.), but compared
>to Pro*C, it's a bear. It's similar in taste to OCI - bittersweet.

On the other hand ODBC can be encapsulated into a class fairly easily eg the ODBC classes in Microsoft Visual C++ MFC 2. I imagine one could do the same with with OCI altough I have'nt used it enough to say how easy this would be.

Donald Munro (ccahdm_at_beluga.upe.ac.za) Received on Thu Apr 28 1994 - 09:34:59 CEST

Original text of this message