Re: Databrowser Tool????

From: Glenn Nicholas <Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 13:39:56 +0000

In article <Cov3rM.DGu_at_cyf-kr.edu.pl>

           uiwyrzyc_at_cyf-kr.edu.pl "Pawel Wyrzycki" writes:

.. deleted
> I would appreciate some information about this utility features and
> functions. May somebody share his experience about that with me ?
... deleted

Data Browser is an MS Windows query tool. You can select tables and columns with a mouse, and build table relationships by clicking and dragging. Query results are quickly formatted much as you would format spreadsheet data - bold, italics etc. I have only used it for demonstrations, and have always found it a big asset to an Oracle application.

If you are looking at Oracle query tools, SQL*Plus is a bit too low level for the end users, however it works very well if you know how to use it. DataQuery is a good tool that has the advantage of being able to work in character mode - I am pretty certain Browser is only available under Windows.

One point about Browser - it is a Windows product, so you will normally be using it in client/server mode (in conjunction with SQL*Net). I have never used it on a local database, although it seems you can.

--
Glenn Nicholas