Re: Username/Password in SQL*Forms 3.0

From: Jeffrey S. Little <little_jeffrey_s_at_lilly.com>
Date: 27 Apr 94 08:20:23 EST

In article <CovD32.H9t_at_info.bris.ac.uk>, bowden_at_compsci.bristol.ac.uk (Bowden) wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I'm using Forms v3.0, and I'm trying to run a report (using
> ReportWriter v1.1) from a form using the host command via
> a KEY-F0 trigger.
> Does anybody know which system variables within Forms hold
> the the user's username and password ? I've looked in all
> the relevant ORACLE manuals, but it is not mentioned.
>
> Thanks.

I do not believe there are any system variables in Forms 3.0 that contain the username and password. I know that you can obtain the current user's userid with a sql call using the userid function (userid works the same as sysdate). However, I do not know of anyway to obtain the user's password. I do not think this is possible, as it would most likely introduce security problems. I would not swear to this, though.

--
Jeffrey S. Little
Eli Lilly & Co.

I work in Systems, not in Corporate Communications.  Therefore, the
opinions I present are mine, not Eli Lilly's.

"...and the trees all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw." --Rush