Re: SQL*Plus HELP

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 26 Apr 94 17:40:20 EST

In article <2pis4q$e7a_at_dockmaster.phantom.com>, ynp_at_phantom.com (Youri Podchosov) writes:
> What's the hell going on with my HELP in SQL*Plus? It's normally loaded
> (table HELP with index on topics, owned by SYSTEM and SELECT-available to
> PUBLIC), but I can only get any response on HELP on SQL*Plus topics, any
> other request returns 'No HELP available.' It doesn't depend on who I am
> (I mean ORACLE userid).
>
> I recall I have had some problem like this (not sure exactly this one) in
> SQL*Plus with O6, but I absolutely have no idea what I was doing to
> settle things...
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
>
> ___
> YNP
In my experience, the HELP table is not automatically created when you create a database. Here is how you create it VMS and Solaris, assuming that the SYSTEM password is MANAGER

	VMS
		$ _at_ora_sqlplus:helpins

	UNIX (c shell)
		% setenv SYSTEM_PASS system/manager
		% $ORACLE_HOME/bin/helpins

A note: the help tables under solaris 7.0.15.4 are incomplete. They stop at the R's, I think. I pulled the sql*loader files from my VMS system and imported them into my unix system.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285