Forms 4 & User Sessions

From: Paul Berger <pberger_at_nic.hookup.net>
Date: 26 Apr 1994 15:30:30 -0400

Hi guys,

I need some help (as usual). Thanks in advance for your replies.

I would like to be able to alter a user session within Forms 4 such that the user's session is optimized for maximum response (or feedback) from the database.

ie. I'd like to invoke:

      "alter session set optimizer_goal = first_rows"     at forms startup.

I was looking at the "supplied packages" for use with PL/SQL but such a beast appears not to exist, at least as it pertains to "alter session set optimizer...".

Any observations as to how I might ensure that user sessions get set with "first_rows" irrespective of the "optimization_goal" setting within Oracle's init.ora?

Thanks,
PB Received on Tue Apr 26 1994 - 21:30:30 CEST

Original text of this message