Selecting LONG data types with oraperl...

From: Bernard T. French <btf64_at_cas.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 1994 16:49:21 GMT

     I'm trying to select a column, which has a data type that is defined as LONG, with oraperl under OracleV6. A LONG should be 64K, but if I set the $ora_long variable to 65,535 I get no return value in a fetch. If the $ora_long variable is set to 32K or below then I'm able to fetch the value in the column. If $ora_long is above 32K, no fetch. Does anyone know why oraperl appears to have an upper limit of 32K for fetching LONGs?

     Thanks!

  • Bernie --
    | REWARD: Lost .sig, last seen in comp.sys.* or bionet.*, answers to | | the name btf64_at_cas.org |