Re: Please Help Get Into DOS Forms/Rep Writer

From: Jim Deeming <jwdxt_at_csn.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 16:05:54 GMT

Richard D Holowczak (holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu) wrote: : gallaugher_at_aol.com (Gallaugher) writes:

: >I'm having some problems with Forms/Report Writer: Here is my config.

: [various errors and descriptions deleted]

: It sounds as if you are using an incorrect Machine Type and the : Oracle memory manager, SQLPME, is behaving eratically.

Also, make sure you have a DOS environment variable correctly set to identify where your CONFIG.ORA file is located. You may need help from Oracle to select the correct machine type as Richard mentioned above. You need 3MB of RAM to run most of the DOS tools, and it has to be EMS, so code your CONFIG.SYS line something like this: DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386 RAM 3072 blah blah This specifically sets aside 3MB as EMS. As soon as SQLPME loads successfully, it should report to you that it grabbed all 3MB for itself. Good luck. Your best bet might be to get in that famous "7 minute wait" queue with Oracle support and let them figure out what you need.
Jim Deeming
Boulder County
Information Services Received on Mon Apr 25 1994 - 18:05:54 CEST

Original text of this message