Solaris or SCO

From: mike sullivan <sullivan_at_sytex.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 15:02:35 GMT

I run Oracle v6 on Interactive Unix v3.0. At the end of the year, Oracle is going to discontinue what little support they do have for this (ISC) platform. I want to stay on Intel, so my options are SCO Unix or Solaris for Intel, which also mean I'll probably upgrade to Oracle v7.

I'd like to hear comments from anyone running Oracle 6 or 7 on these platforms about how stable Oracle is and how helpful/responsive Oracle's tech support (and the OS vendors tech support) is.

I'll post a summary if private mail is sent. (by the way, I'll be using Forms3, ReportWriter 1- existing apps)

---
sullivan_at_sytex.com (mike sullivan)
Access <=> Internet BBS, a public access internet site
Sytex Communications, Arlington VA, 1-703-528-4380