Re: Change password from Oracle Forms 4.0

From: Glenn Nicholas <Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 09:19:44 +0000

In article <radams.5.000FB3D3_at_msgate.mdhc.mdc.com>

           radams_at_msgate.mdhc.mdc.com "Ron Adams" writes:

> We'd like to deploy client/server applications using Forms, Reports,
> Graphics. The client is on Windows, the servers are on various platforms.
>
> Question: Is there a method in Forms to support a user changing their own
> password without having to deploy SQL*Plus?

While not particularly nice, I think you could use the do_sql function within Report2 to achieve this. We currently use Plus to provide a password change facility under Forms3, but I can not seem to find a way to make Plus (or plus31 to be more precise) operate silently under Forms4/Windows. Are you worried about using Plus for this reason (ie. on screen noise), or are there other reasons for avoiding it (for example, is Plus going to get the RPT treatment)?

--
Glenn Nicholas, Concept
Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk