Re: ORACLE BBS/ONLINE USERGROUP

From: Robert Eskridge <bryny_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 21:26:46 GMT

ek748_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Allen Troy Herrington) writes:

>I am interested in finding an online bbs or an online user group that
>that is mainly ORACLE, other than this news system. Please leave
>phone numbers, modem settings, and any other tips that are useful.

Hmmmn. I'm curious why you want a BBS rather than a newsgroup.

The few that I've seen all had 3 month old messages as their most recent message, and files that were years old. FidoNet had an echo devoted to it but it died from message starvation. It just seems that there's not enough overlap between the mainly PC BBS crowd and serious Oracle users to make running such a BBS easy.

On the other hand, some months ago, I heard rumors off a BBS that actually was making a good go of it -- but I can't find that old message. Sorry. Received on Fri Apr 22 1994 - 23:26:46 CEST

Original text of this message