Oracle 7 Error msgs

From: <U54294_at_uicvm.uic.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 14:46:53 CDT

Hi folks,
We're running Oracle 7.0.15 on a DEC Alpha with OSF 1.3. I'm writing Method 4 dynamic SQL unfortunately. I find the Oracle error messages (obtained from the sqlca) to be obtuse and less than helpful. sqlglm() calls as recommended in the Pro*C manual don't provide any additional information. What's a programmer to do? Any better information sources on embedded/dynamic Oracle than the Oracle manuals? Thanks for your advice... Nick G. -- U54294_at_uicvm.uic.edu Received on Fri Apr 22 1994 - 21:46:53 CEST

Original text of this message