Re: Oracle's own ODBC - is it released yet?

From: Paul Krikorian <paulk_at_uhura.dis.cccd.edu>
Date: 22 Apr 1994 15:41:07 GMT

Hi, hope someone can help me with this.

We are writing a new system using VB as a front end and storing all the data in an Oracle 7 database on an HP9000 (G30). Our network is Banyan Vines. We are using Oracle's new ODBC driver for Oracle 7 (downloaded from CompuServe a couple weeks ago) and SQL*Net for Windows (v1.1) to access the database.

We are running into two big problems:

  1. Using the Oracle 6 driver, we used to be able to select rows using a date column in the 'WHERE' clause. Now with the new Oracle 7 driver and the same select statement, we can not (we get an error).
  2. The first time an app attempts to update the database using the '<db>.ExecuteSQL' method, we get a VB error telling us that "An error has occurred in your application...". If we click on the 'IGNORE' button, the update occurs anyways and from then on we never see the message again.

If anyone has run into similar problems or knows a possible solution to either one of these problems, we would be eternally grateful for your help.

Thanks in advance.

--
Paul Krikorian                   | Internet: paulk_at_uhura.dis.cccd.edu
Coast Community College District |           (or paulk_at_cccd.edu)