sqlpme causing keyboard probs

From: Michael Stowe <Michael.Stowe_at_f573.n115.z1.fidonet.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 02:55:02 -0600

  • Quoting Mark.Smith%Ccmail_at_X400Gw.Msfc.Nasa. to All dated 04-18-94 ***
    > I have a Compuadd model 325 (386/25) that doesn't like the sqlpme. I
    > load it with machine type 2, since it isn't specifically listed in the
    > machine types during install. The symptom it exibits is causing random
    > keypress failure on the keyboard. It doesn't seem to cause this problem on
    > any other 386 machine.
    > Does anyone know of a machine type to select for the Compuadd, or seen
    > this behavior before?

I have seen this behavior before, but not specifically on the Compuadd. The basic reson for the symptoms is manipulation of the 8042 keyboard controller (in order to use the A20 gate) apparently has some conflict, perhaps with your BIOS. One solution that usually works is to try out a memory manager that is aware of the potential conflicts, such as Quarterdeck, and then use machine type J. Received on Fri Apr 22 1994 - 10:55:02 CEST

Original text of this message