Re: Please Help Get Into DOS Forms/Rep Writer

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 21 Apr 94 18:22:04 GMT

gallaugher_at_aol.com (Gallaugher) writes:

>I'm having some problems with Forms/Report Writer: Here is my config.
> Using Oracle DBMS V6.0.36.1.0
> Forms V3.0.16.11.3
> Report Writer V1.1.14.6.1
> on a DECpc 433 Workstation.

    How much RAM do you have and how much are you allocating to SQLPME ?

[various errors and descriptions deleted]

  It sounds as if you are using an incorrect Machine Type and the   Oracle memory manager, SQLPME, is behaving eratically.

  When installing Oracle for the first time, you were prompted to   enter a Machine Type. Most 486 class machines I have seen   use type 2. There is a line in your CONFIG.ORA which should say   MACHINE_TYPE = 2 or whatever you set it to on installation.

  You can update this using the machtype utility provided with   Oracle or you can manually edit the CONFIG.ORA file and change it.

  Hope this helps.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu