Re: Looking for info on Oracle Report writer

From: John Dennis <jdennis_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 20:30:24 GMT

You might check into SQR (Structured Query Report Writer), a Sybase Product. It was developed for Oracle and works well with it. Sybase just bought out the company and made it work with Sybase as well.

I was very impressed with it.

John Dennis

CyberZen2 (cyberzen2_at_aol.com) wrote:
: In article <CLzI8G.JpC_at_uk.ac.brookes>, p0070623_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk (Steve
: Corbett) writes:

: SQL*ReportWriter does not do any scheduling, you would have to write a script
: (DCL, /bin/sh, .etc) to run the report in "batch mode". I have worked with
: ReportWriter for the past 3 years and it can be quite annoying sometimes.

: If your database is normalized, oh how I pray for that, and the reports are
: pretty straight forward then yeah it's an awesome product. Most reports have a
: master
: query that you then and child queries joined off the main query. It terms of
: documentation... The books Oracle supply should suffice. I learned
: ReportWriter
: without any manuals... The product is pretty straight forward.

: Todd Wood, CHC
: cyberzen2_at_aol.com