Re: Help on install of 6.0A

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 94 02:14:43 GMT

In article <1994Apr6.144246.1_at_nmdl01> dlc_at_ncom.nt.gov.au writes:

>HELP,
>
>I am having trouble installing ORACLE on a stand-alone pc.
>
>Suspect a conflict between EMM386 and SQLPME.
>
>Conventional memory is constrained running DECNET connectivity software, only
>341.4K available for programs.
>
>SQLDBA will not start. Comes back with a message saying conflict with EMM386,
>

>Suggestions for a way forward, besides killing EMM386.
>
>Environment is DOS/WINDOWS, connected to NOVEL LAN, Through DECNET gateway,
>also connected to DEC VAX/VMS.
>
>Thanks for the help in advance.
>
>E-mail responces to DLC_at_NMDL01.NCOM.NT.GOV.AU

  1. LOADHIGH as much as possible of your Network/TSR Stuff.
  2. If there is still not enough conventional memory replace EMM386 with Quarterdeck's QEMM386, use the STEALTH parameter to get as much UMBs as possible, try to load as much as possible HIGH using the QEMM utility LOADHI.
  3. If this still doesn't work, I believe that Netroom from Helix (another replacement for EMM386) can run all your network drivers in a separate virtual machine leaving you all the conventional memory available. *NOTE* I haven't used NETROOM at all so I'm just guessing here.
|Philip Chee: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my| This is a work of fiction.Any resemblance |
|Tasek Cement Berhad              |  to persons living or dead is completely  |
|P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA| coincidental. The creator of this article |
|Voice: +605-551-011              |    has asserted its moral right to be     |
|  Fax: +605-566-142              |          identified as the author.        |
+-------------------Eigi-Eru-Enn-Allir-Jomsvikingar-Daudir!-------------------+