Re: KEY-EXEQRY (forms 3.0) - Doubt.

From: Bob Treumann <btreuman_at_empros.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 17:11:03 GMT

Regarding this question:

>To display the related data in block B I defined
>a KEY-EXEQRY trigger which basically does the follows:
>execute_query;
>go_block('B');
>execute_query;
>go_block('A');

>I have defined the 'where' clause in block B. When I
>press the execute query in block A it displays the
>data but nothing happens in block 'B'. But when I go
>to block B and then press the 'Execute-query' key
>all the related data shows up. To me it looks like
>the trigger didn't work. Anyone know why?

  If I remember correctly, none of the forms3.0 key triggers will   fire when you are in enter-query mode, so the code you added to   key-exeqry is not being fired.

  If this is the cause, then if you hit the execute-query function   key without going into enter-query mode, th trigger should fire.

Solution Engineering Inc.
1290 Osage St North
St Paul Mn 55117-4062

  Bob Treumann                          email:  btreuman_at_empros.com
  phone: (612) 553-4346                 (612)-489-4960 home
  fax : (612) 489-0128