Re: sqlpme causing keyboard probs

From: Richard Holowczak <holowcza_at_pegasus.rutgers.edu>
Date: 18 Apr 94 19:27:27 GMT

mark.smith%ccmail_at_x400gw.msfc.nasa.gov (mark smith) writes:

>I have a Compuadd model 325 (386/25) that doesn't like the sqlpme. I load it
>with machine type 2, since it isn't specifically listed in the machine types
>during install. The symptom it exibits is causing random keypress failure on
>the keyboard. It doesn't seem to cause this problem on any other 386 machine.
>Does anyone know of a machine type to select for the Compuadd, or seen this
>behavior before?
> Mark Smith

>mark.smith%ccmail_at_x400gw.msfc.nasa.gov

One solution which I find often works is to get a copy of QEMM and install it. Then you can use Machine_Type = J. I guess this kind of hides the problem and might not be to your tastes.

The only other machine_type I have ever used (other than 2 and J) is type 6 and that was for an IBM PS/2 model 70 which is a 386.

How many types are there ? Perhaps a limited number such that exhaustive search might prove enlightenting ?

Good luck.

Rich H.
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_pegasus.rutgers.edu Received on Mon Apr 18 1994 - 21:27:27 CEST

Original text of this message