Re: KEY-EXEQRY (forms 3.0) - Doubt.

From: Leo Mannhart <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 07:36:00 GMT

In article <2oms25INN9am_at_no-names.nerdc.ufl.edu>, badri_at_elm.circa.ufl.edu (Badrish Davanagere) wrote:

> I'am getting some weird results while using the
> 'KEY-EXEQRY' trigger. I have two blocks, say
> A and B. When I enter and then execute a trigger in
> block A I want to display the related data in block B.
> I couldn't use Master-Details block because no foreign
> key was defined.
> To display the related data in block B I defined
> a KEY-EXEQRY trigger which basically does the follows:
> execute_query;
> go_block('B');
> execute_query;
> go_block('A');
>
> I have defined the 'where' clause in block B. When I
> press the execute query in block A it displays the
> data but nothing happens in block 'B'. But when I go
> to block B and then press the 'Execute-query' key
> all the related data shows up. To me it looks like
> the trigger didn't work. Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Prakash--
Let's guess:
If you press directly the 'KEY-EXEQRY' in block 'A' (this means without first pressing 'KEY-ENTQRY' and entering a query condition) then the trigger will do what you expect, but if you first press the 'KEY-ENTQRY' and then the 'KEY-EXEQRY' then the trigger will not work. If this is the case then there is an easy solution: you have to define the 'KEY-ENTQRY' in the following way: enter_query ;
execute_query ;
go_block('B') ; execute_query ; go_block('A') ;

Hope this helps
LM

--
Leo Mannhart