Re: Loading LOTS of data into Oracle

From: David Reiner <reiner_at_ksr.com>
Date: 18 Apr 1994 17:58:56 GMT

Just to share a high-end perspective on loads, we typically load from large files on a KSR/Series machine running Oracle7. We speed up loads through parallelism -- multiple tables loaded simultaneously, or multiple instances of the conventional loader. Version 7.1 brings the parallel direct loader as another option, although it is not applicable to all physical designs.

Load speeds of several gigabytes per hour are typical on a small Kendall Square machine. Larger machines load at higher rates.

D. Reiner
Kendall Square Research Received on Mon Apr 18 1994 - 19:58:56 CEST

Original text of this message