SQL*Reportwriter 1.X using File DFLT and getting FormFeeds

From: Jeff Hayward <Hayward_at_pobox.pds.med.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 18:29:51 GMT

We have some old complicated reports that noone wants to recode. The reports pick up flat files and are happy. So we just set up a SQL*Report to create the flat files by sending it to File using DFLT. This has worked great, but now, for some unknown reason to me, without the DFLT printer def changing the reports will occasionally throw in Form Feeds characters at the ends of what it thinks are pages, or the beginning of new record lines. This form feeds are, of course, crashing the report generators since formfeed should not be a part of the flat files. I could write a pre-processor to take out the offending form feeds but there has to be a way to have SQL*Reports stop putting them in isn't there? I checked and the def for DFLT does not have any codes in it. Received on Fri Apr 15 1994 - 20:29:51 CEST

Original text of this message