outer join... please HELP!!!!

From: Jean-Marc Boivin <jmboivin_at_cti.ulaval.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 22:19:24 GMT

Hi!,

I have a problem with a complex outer join:

I have 4 tables like that:

table1

   key_table1

table2

   key_table2
   key_table1 /* foreigh key on table 1 */

table3

   key_table3
   key_table2 /* foreign key on table 2 */

table4

   key_table4
   key_table3 /* foreign key on table 3 /*

I want to build a SQL statement which will produce a list of ALL record in table 1 and, if there is a related record in table 4, will print the key value of table 4.

Ex:

key_table1            key_table4
-------------         ---------------
1
2                     50    /* oups, their is a related record in table4 */
3                     25

4
5
6                     30

and so...

I tried with outer join but i don't understand how to use it when your join is on more than 2 tables.

Please HELP!!!!

Thank's

Jean-Marc Boivin
universite Laval