Re: URGENT! HELP needed on rollback segs

From: Tim Cannon <tcannon_at_cscns.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 13:28:50 GMT

Masud Khan (mas_at_Cadence.COM) wrote:
: Here's the scenario, we've had our Oracle expert resign unexpectedly
: and one of our Oracle servers crapped itself. We lost the database
: and I've had to rebuild it. So far this has been a RTFM task because
: I don't know the first thing about it. I did attend the Oracle DBA
: course last year but since then this is the first time I've applied
: what I learnt. The problem is I can't remember what I had for breakfast
: let alone what I did on the Oracle course last year!

: The Problem is this...

: create tablespace ROLL datafile 'filespec' size 100M
: default storage (
: initial 256K
: next 256K
: pctincrease 0
: minextents 10
: maxextents 249
: );

: This works OK and creates the tablespace 'ROLL'

: the next bit throws errors...

: create rollback segment r01 tablespace roll;

: create rollback segment r01 tablespace roll
: *
: ERROR at line 1:
: ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace 'ROLL'

: I looked up the error code but I don't know exactly what it wants me to do,
: can anyone please explain to me in plain English what I need to do.

: Thanks in advance

: Mas

: --

: Masud ibn Zahur ibn Hamid'ullah al-Agar-Khani Jarral al-Hanafi

: email: mas_at_cadence.com alias: Citizen-X
: Name: Masud Ahmed Khan
: Position(s): Configuration Technician, ORACLE support(?), Sys Admin
: Company: Cadence Design Systems,
: Bracknell (UK).
: Phone: 0344-865465 Voice Mail: 1465
:
: -+=[ ]=+- All opinions expressed are mine and mine only -+=[ ]=+-

Instead of: create rollback segment r01 tablespace roll;

try create public rollback segment r01 tablespace roll;

T.J.Cannon (amp34833_at_orthanc, tim.cannon_at_amp.com) EMCS Engineering Analyst (717) 986-3394 (Office) (717) 986-3466 (FAX) Received on Thu Apr 14 1994 - 15:28:50 CEST

Original text of this message