URGENT! HELP needed on rollback segs

From: Masud Khan <mas_at_Cadence.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 09:54:21 GMT

Here's the scenario, we've had our Oracle expert resign unexpectedly and one of our Oracle servers crapped itself. We lost the database and I've had to rebuild it. So far this has been a RTFM task because I don't know the first thing about it. I did attend the Oracle DBA course last year but since then this is the first time I've applied what I learnt. The problem is I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone what I did on the Oracle course last year!

The Problem is this...

create tablespace ROLL datafile 'filespec' size 100M default storage (

	initial      256K
	next         256K
	pctincrease  0
	minextents   10
	maxextents   249

);

This works OK and creates the tablespace 'ROLL'

the next bit throws errors...

create rollback segment r01 tablespace roll;

create rollback segment r01 tablespace roll *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace 'ROLL'

I looked up the error code but I don't know exactly what it wants me to do, can anyone please explain to me in plain English what I need to do.

Thanks in advance

Mas

--

 Masud ibn Zahur ibn Hamid'ullah al-Agar-Khani Jarral al-Hanafi

email:       mas_at_cadence.com    alias: Citizen-X
Name:        Masud Ahmed Khan
Position(s): Configuration Technician, ORACLE support(?), Sys Admin
Company:     Cadence Design Systems,
             Bracknell (UK).
Phone:       0344-865465  Voice Mail: 1465

-+=[ ]=+- All opinions expressed are mine and mine only -+=[ ]=+-