sqlloader/ascprep size problem.

From: Jay Todd Irwin <jirwin_at_ucsu.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 15:54:02 GMT

Hello all.

  I'm attempting to load some large files into an ORACLE table using ASCPREP. I've got some comma delimited files and I'm running:

      ascprep -tfac_appt scott/tiger h:appt.asc

This works just fine with files under 8872 records. And I can split a larger file into two 8000 record files and it works just fine.

  I've been told that I may have to use a special SQLLOADER for large files. Is this true? Is there a way that anyone knows to load the whole file at once?

Any help would be appreciated and if necessary, I can answer questions via e_mail.

Thanks
Jay Irwin jirwin_at_lancelot.colorado.edu Received on Thu Apr 14 1994 - 17:54:02 CEST

Original text of this message