Calling Forms 4 from a C program.

From: Vimal Chopra <vimal_at_batman.NoSubdomain.NoDomain>
Date: 14 Apr 1994 00:00:09 GMT

Oracle provides a function ifzcal() to run forms 4 from within a C program. In Sql*Forms 3, the function used to be called iapcal().

The Oracle Forms User Guide version 4.0 refers to this function on page 23-13.

Our product runs forms from within the program. We are in the process of moving to Forms 4 and when I try to used ifzcal() function, it crashes. The function iapcal in forms 3 used to work fine.

Has anybody else encountered the same problem?

The following example will demonstrate the problem.

main()
{

   ifzcal ("f40runm form_name scott/tiger"); }

Make an executable of the above file by linking it with the Oracle libraries which are used to create the f40runm executable as defined in $ORACLE_HOME/forms/lib/sqlforms40.mk.

BTW we are using Oracle 7.0.15.4 and Forms 4.0.11.0.1 on SunOS 4.1.3.

Please help me if someone has encountered the same problem and knows a workaround.

vimal Received on Thu Apr 14 1994 - 02:00:09 CEST

Original text of this message