ORA-6403: cannot allocate context area

From: WASHIDE_at_DELPHI.COM <(WASHIDE_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 13 Apr 1994 15:56:23 -0400

Hello!

We're in the process of implementing our Forms 3.0 based system to another division. When we installed all the required Oracle stuff and tried to get into SQL*Plus, we receive an ORA-6403: cannot allocate context area. This is the seventh plant the system's going into so it's kinda weird.

Oracle told us to remove any TSR's, and to load low any programs loaded high as these programs can trounce your memory. We did all this and still we have the problem. Does anybody have any ideas?

We running SQL*Net TCP/IP, Novell's LanWorkplace for DOS, DOS 6.0. The network is token-ring. As far as exact version numbers, I'll have to check. If you e-mail me, I can get them. The PC's are Zenith Z-Select 100 DX/2-50's.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I can be reached via e-mail at washide_at_delphi.com.

Thanks in advance.

Doug Washington
Systems Analyst
Whirlpool Corporation Received on Wed Apr 13 1994 - 21:56:23 CEST

Original text of this message