Re: Adabase/Natural <----> Oracle Help

From: Dave Dargo <ddargo_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 14:32:24 GMT

"John Calmon" <calmon_at_umis.upenn.edu> writes:

>>Hie folks,
>>We have an RS/6000 with Oracle 7.0 running on it. We need to connect to an
>>Adabase/Natural running on an IBM Mainframe. Are there anyone out there
>>whois doing this stuff? what are the tools needed like Uniface/PowerBuilder
>>etc.? Most Importantly what are the security implications involved here.
>>Your Input would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> We currently have Adabas/Natural and are in the process of having Oracle on
>an RS6000 or HP. I would appreciate any comments on that also.

One method would be to use Oracle's Procedural Gateway for APPC which allows PL/SQL to call APPC based transactions. If, for example, you had CICS you could use the PG4APPC to communicate directly between PL/SQL (from any PL/SQL environment) to communicate with CICS based APPC transactions.

This product is currently beta with production scheduled VERY soon.

Dave (ddargo_at_us.oracle.com) Received on Mon Apr 11 1994 - 16:32:24 CEST

Original text of this message