Calling C Progs in Oracle 7

From: Bill Froelich <billf_at_amiserv.xnet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 16:40:24 GMT

Is it possible to call a C program from within a stored procedure or trigger in Oracle 7?

I would like to have the stored procedure upon an insert call out to a custom C program that will get get some data and do some stuff and then return back to the stored procedure.

Ideally the C program will modify some of the tables through embedded SQL statements.

Do anyone know if this is possible or feasable?

The manuals are very vague about how to do this, although the oracle rep said it can be done, I would a better reference than that.

Code fragments would be great! but not necessary. If you can point me in the correct direction that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

--Bill Froelich billf_at_cstech.chi.il.us   Client Server Technologies, Inc. Received on Mon Apr 11 1994 - 18:40:24 CEST

Original text of this message