OracleWare for NetWare on Compaq

From: Russ Beardall <beardall_at_aur.alcatel.com>
Date: 11 Apr 1994 15:18:52 GMT

Oy,

Does anyone have experience with installing OracleWare for NetWare 3.12 on a Compaq Proliant 1000. The server in question has a local CD-ROM drive that likes to dis-mount after every access by the Oracle Installer. Oracle has been shadowy on their commitment as to this being an Oracle Installer problem (oh, it couldn't possibly be ;) ) or a NetWare Driver problem.

At any rate, I can read the CD for OracleWare on a Client mosheen and install the OracleBook stuff from the CD, but when I try to install the database, I never get to the point where it asks for the Special Code number associated with the CD's Serial Number. An error message pops-up and says "Could not find d:\oracle\pinstall" and the reason it can't find it, is the CD-ROM drive has been dis-mounted by the previous install step that asks what drive the CD is mounted on and the directory to the ORACLE software.

In need of HELP. thanx
-Russ Received on Mon Apr 11 1994 - 17:18:52 CEST

Original text of this message