[HELP]: PL/SQL script. Run this script on some sample output. and compare values returned

From: Neil Greene <Neil_at_bMD.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 18:40:29 GMT

I continue to get scrambeled values when I run the following script. Could someone else run it against there Oracle database and tell me if they get scrambeled values as well.

Here is the script:

> DECLARE
> CURSOR c1_cursor IS
> SELECT FNAME, LNAME
> FROM BI_LICENSES;
>
> BEGIN
> FOR c1_record IN c1_cursor
> LOOP
> INSERT INTO TMP_NAMEVALUES (

>			source_fname, dest_fname,
>			source_lname, dest_lname
>		)

> VALUES (
> c1_RECORD.FNAME, c1_RECORD.FNAME,
> c1_RECORD.LNAME, c1_RECORD.LNAME
> );
> END LOOP; > COMMIT;

> END;
Here is the table tmp_namevalues:

> SQL> describe tmp_namevalues
> Name Null? Type
> ------------------------------- -------- ----
> SOURCE_FNAME CHAR(20)
> DEST_FNAME CHAR(20)
> SOURCE_MNAME CHAR(20)
> DEST_MNAME CHAR(20)
> SOURCE_LNAME CHAR(20)
> DEST_LNAME CHAR(20)
> SOURCE_SSN CHAR(9)
> DEST_SSN CHAR(9)
Here is my sample output:

> SOURCE_FNAME DEST_FNAME SOURCE_LNAME DEST_LNAME
> ------------ ------------ ------------ --------------------
> SABRINA INARINA INAMONS ONSMONS
> DEBORAH RAHORAH RAHTON ONSTON
> NORRIS ISRRIS ISOMAS ASOMAS
> LARRY YARRY YCNAC CCNAC
> MARY MARY WESSON ONSSON
> ROBERT RTBERT RTPFEL ELPFEL
> MARTHA HARTHA HASSER ERSSER
> JOAN JOAN BROOKS KSOOKS
> PRINCELLA CELLAELLA AELL AING
In the output above, my values for source_* and dest_* should be equal since I am inserting the same variables in the "insert" statement above.

If someone can get back with me via email to let me know their system properly evalutes the above pl/sql procedure, I would be very greatful. Right now, I can not tell if there is something wrong in the script or if there is a BUG somewhere in my Oracle database.

Sincerely,

Neil Greene

benchMark Developments, Inc. [NeXT VAR]
120 East Main Street, Suite 1101 Lexington, KY 40507 Mix Phone/Fax: 606-231-6599 / Fax: 606-254-4864 Email: Neil_at_bMD.com [NeXTmail] Received on Mon Apr 11 1994 - 20:40:29 CEST

Original text of this message