Educational "administration" db systems?

From: Richard Joltes <joltes_at_husc7.harvard.edu>
Date: 11 Apr 1994 19:27:05 GMT

Hopefully I'm hitting the correct groups with this...

I'm looking for a database system (probably an add-on to Sybase, Oracle, or some other popular db) that would allow a fairly large department within a university or other academic org. to track some or all of the following:

Purchasing
Inventory

	incoming items
	outgoing (as in "out of date and scrapped") equipment
General accounting
Payroll (?)
Maintenance contracts (?)

The latter two are "maybe" items.

If anyone has seen, used, or heard of such a beast, please send me e-mail as I don't usually read this group. I can summarize if there's interest.

Thanks,

Dick Joltes |joltes_at_husc.harvard.edu Manager, Microcomputing and Hardware, Computer Services|joltes_at_husc.BITNET Harvard University Science Center |