Re: DBA tool available in Europe only

From: Robert Gasch <rgasch_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 13:29:41 GMT

I have a (pro)C program which will measure free space and give some stats on resource usage.

	Requirements: 7.0.12 or higher (including Proc)
	Cost: 000000  (Free!)
	Systems Available: Any UNIX supporting Proc and X11

If anybody cares, I'd be happy to mail them the source ...

--> Robert

Petter Henrik Hansen (petter_at_fdmetd.UUCP) wrote:
: Oracle 7.0 and unix integrated administration software.

: Most DBA administrations tools doesn't consider that many
: Oracle administrations tasks also demands some knowledge of the OS it's
: running on. (Backup, restore ......)

: The UniMaster/DBadm lays above Oracle and the OS and checks with the OS
: if certain Oracle tasks may be performed. (Do we have enough disk space,
: remove files and so on)

: UniMaster DBadm is a multi platform(Unix) tool that may administrate several
: Oracle7 databases at the same time.

: If you are interested in more information, please E-Mail

: UniMaster/DBadm

: UniMaster/DBadm offers the
: user a

: friendly automated

: efficient secure

: tool to administrate an
: ORACLE database. Aimed at
: reducing the level of skill
: required to administrate an
: ORACLE database, DBadm
: separates the administration
: of the database from the day
: to day use of ORACLE based
: applications.

: Operational in Norwegian
: Savings banks for five years,
: all feedback on
: UniMaster/DBadm confirms
: that the product meets the
: expectations of our
: customers.

: UniMaster/DBadm includes the
: following modules:

: START/STOP

: o Process status

: o Start the database

: o Start the database in
: DBA mode

: o Shutdown database and notify users
: (normal shutdown)

: o Shutdown database and notify users (Do
: not wait for users to log off)

: o Shutdown database and notify users
: (Abnormal conditions)

: o Logfile (When was the
: database started/stopped)

: USER ADMINISTRATION

: o Create/change/drop/examine an ORACLE user
: o Create/change/drop/examine an ORACLE role
: o Create/change/drop/examine an ORACLE profile

: EXPORT/IMPORT

: o Export/import of users
: (one user and all his
: tables, or a single
: table owned by a user)

: o Complete export/import
: of the database

: o Export status (overview
: of all export files
: that may be imported to
: the database)

: o Automated complete
: export (time scheduled
: export of the entire
: database)
: The export/import facility
: is particularly useful on
: systems with automated daily
: backups running
: UniMaster/Admin.

: DISC ADMINISTRATION

: o Tablespace
: administration (Add,
: increase, remove,
: off/on-line, show all)

: o Rollback segment administration.
: add,remove,alter segment

: o Overview of freespace
: on Unix

: o Show/add/delete logfiles

: o Show controlfiles

: o Show/alter space allocations for tables/indexes/clusters

: TUNING/STATISTICS

: o Set optimizer mode

: o Create/delete statistics used by the optimizer

: ARCHIVING

: o Enables/disables archiving

: o Restores archived logs

: UTILITIES

: o SQLDBA (Access to
: Oracle's SQLDBA in linemode and screenmode)

: o SQLPLUS (Access to
: Oracle's SQL*Plus)

: o Show Oracle parameters
: (default parameter
: values at
: initialisation or
: start)

: DBadm BACKUP

: o Run ONLINE backup

: o Run OFFLINE backup

: o Restore ONLINE backup

: o Restore OFFLINE backup

: PERSONAL QUERIES

: o Create/change/drop a query

: o Run defined query against any Oracle7 database in the net.

: At present, UniMaster/DBadm
: is available on NCR's 3000 series, IBM AIX, Digital, HP-UX9, SCO

: UniMaster/DBadm is a part of the UniMaster family.

: UniMaster/Admin Administrates the Unix machine

: UniMaster/Cobra Calculate Oracle's Best Resource
: Allocation

: The UniMaster development
: team also serves as the main
: support centre for all Unix
: based systems in Norwegian
: savings banks. This hands-
: on experience in systems
: administration ensures
: UniMasters continued
: success; like our clients,
: we are UniMaster users !

: --
: Petter Henrik Hansen, Fellesdata a.s, P.O. Box 248, 0212 OSLO 2, NORWAY
: Phone : +47 2 52 84 02 Fax : +47 2 52 85 10
: E-mail : P.H.Hansen_at_fdsw.no
: <The opinions expressed, if any, do not represent FD Software AS)