Re: How Forms checks changed records?

From: Steven P. Muench <smuench_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 1994 02:10:37 GMT

This is part of our default "Lock the Record" behavior. After successfully acquiring a row lock on the record you're attempting to modify, we internally compare all of the database fields' values currently in our buffer to the ones that just got fetched as a part of the SELECT ... FOR UPDATE OF ... NOWAIT that got us the row lock. If any of the database values differs, we infer that someone has changed the data since the time you last queried it onto your screen and issue the message you're talking about

--

Steve Muench         Email: smuench_at_oracle.com
Forms Development      CIS: 73404,676