max extents

From: Jared P. Hecker <hecker_at_panix.com>
Date: 9 Apr 1994 20:50:27 -0400

Meanwhile, in a space-time continuum unknown to Earth, tim_at_sun1.claremont.com wrote:

> Is there a way to increase the maxextents for a tablespace?
> Currently, the largest value I can enter for one is 249.
> I am using oracle 7 on aix 3.2.3.

No - the ceiling is tied to a combination of the operating system you are using, the block size of the filesystem and the block size of Oracle.

Be thankful - with older versions of *nix the ceiling was 99 for awhile, then 121. The newer Unix filesystems have made life a tad easier...

--
Jared Hecker
hecker_at_panix.com

---