Re: Help system V7

From: Milly Kander <mkander_at_.wh.whoi.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 17:09:07 GMT

In article <2nsc4e$962_at_hermes.uni-konstanz.de> timo_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE (Timo Salzsieder) writes:
>Hi everybody,
>
>I have a problem using the help system of oracle sqlplus under version7.
>I know version6 and if I call there i.e. help for the command "create table"
>simple input is neccessary: help crea. However, this works fine with version6.
>In version7 I get the message "no help available" for the same input. But if
>I ask for another help, i.e. help sel, to help on command select, sqlplus-
>helpsystem returns with the correct response.
>
>Is this an installation problem or is this a nice feature of version7. I work
>with a HP/workstation model 9000 under HP-UX 9.01.
>
>Thanks in advance, Timo.

        awhile back saw on the net that there is a bug in v7.0.13. it is recorded as bug 177977. you should contact oracle for the patch. even tho i got the patch, i am still having problems with help... and waiting for oracle support to call me back. *sigh*

milly
woods hole mass. Received on Fri Apr 08 1994 - 19:09:07 CEST

Original text of this message