Re: Unix servers running Financials

From: Jack Love <jlove_at_ivrit.ra.itd.umich.edu>
Date: 8 Apr 1994 21:20:43 GMT

In article <wbastow.764986779_at_neumann.une.edu.au>, Wayne Bastow <wbastow_at_neumann.une.edu.au> wrote:
>We are in the process of looking for a replacement for our Sun670 which is
>running Financials rel9.3 on RDBMS 6.0.36. I am after any information on
>alternative servers, particularly HP, Sequent, Pyramid that people are running
>Financials on ( using rel9.3 or rel9.4 on Oracle7) with 60-100 users. The Sun
>seems to have decided that it wants to have a rest.

We run Financials 9.4 on Oracle 7.0.15.4 on a Sun Sparc10, and the performance is quite good. I suspect that what is more important than the 60-100 user figure you quote is how many concurrent user-transactions are likely to be occurring. I would definitely agree that our configuration would not be sufficiently robust for 100 users going full blast on all of the Financials modules, but it can definitely handle much more than we are throwing at it. Another issue would be whether you are taking advantage of the client/server package or whether all of your users are loggin in as terminals.

Jack F. Love	| 	Opinions expressed are mine alone.