Pdox (win 4.5) <-->Oracle 7

From: <gandern_at_ucbeh.san.uc.edu>
Date: 7 Apr 94 20:24:41 EST

For those of you who use Paradox for Windows (Version 4.5) to access ORACLE7.

I have noticed a few inconsistencies SQL link and ORACLE. Many of the commands will not work as ORACLE has documented them if you attempt execute them through the SQL link. Since Borland is so nice as to only charge me $40 per 15 minutes of support help, I am inclined to go elsewhere in my search for help on this problem.

Anyone who is using the SQL link, could you please tell me if you have had problems with simple commands. Even things such as naming a constraint I cannot get to work properly... although they work perfectly through the SQL*DBA.

If you could please mail me, it would be most appreciative. Also anyone who is thinking of accessing ORACLE through Paradox and has any simple questions (as I am just beginning to use this combination) I would be willing to try to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

  • Nate Gandert | Is it possible *
  • | to be bored *
  • Gandern_at_ucbeh.san.uc.edu *
  • Gandern_at_ucunix.san.uc.edu *